Sarah is a Registered Dietitian. She named her blog Why Food Works because she believes that when you know the why behind what you are doing the what and the how has a solid foundation with which to build on.
I agree with her that there is no one size fits all approach to nutrition. Her goal as a dietitian and health coach is to find the right combination of foods, structure, timing and habits that will actually fit into her client's life. She encourages her clients to do try their best for the situation that they are in but will accept good because it's better than nothing.
In addition to talking about nutrition, we talk about her long-term goal of running a farm and her current project of creating an energy bar database.
Let Sarah know you enjoyed the episode and connect with her online:
Download the episode on iTunes
Highlights from the Episode:
- Why she decided to become an RD
- What makes her different from other RDs
- Her nutrition coaching philosophy and nutritional framework
- How to change peoples mindsets around food
- Biggest mistakes she sees vegans and vegetarians making with their eating patterns and what to do about it
- Why food impacts your emotions
- How to eat more intuitively
- How to deal with cravings
- Life on the farm
- What she looks for in a protein bar
- How small changes and habits can have big effects