Anne believes that eating does not and should not be a stressful experience.
After becoming a dietician and working with clients she found that the conventional approach she was taught in school of creating meal plans and counting calories was not getting her clients the results they wanted. She noticed that when people have a strict all or nothing diet approach it may work in the short run, but it is not sustainable in the long-term.
Since learning about the intuitive and mindful approach to eating she now works with clients to help break the diet cycle to shift her clients mindset to a more sustainable approach that gets lasting results.
In this episode we take a deep dive into the psychology behind the intuitive and mindful eating approach, as well as how this approach can fit into your lifestyle if performance is your goal.
Let Anne know you enjoyed the episode and connect with her online:
Download the episode on iTunes
Highlights from the Episode:
- Why Anne started blogging
- Strategies she used to gain traction with her blog
- Her nutrition philosophy
- She breaks down intuitive and mindful eating
- How to become more aware of your hunger cues
- Why people are dogmatic about their eating pattern
- How to shift your mindset from all or nothing to always something
- How to have a long-term nutrition approach
- Using intuitive and mindful eating for performance
- How supplementation fits into this approach
- How alcohol can fit into a healthy lifestyle
- Best or most worthwhile investment
- Favorite resources on intuitive eating
- Advice to 25 year old self
- Her 3 wishes